Do you know how to get the perfect eyebrows? Your eyebrows are one of the most important features that help define your entire face. Messy brows are unappealing and can blow up the entire look especially after wearing makeup. In this article, you will learn, step-by-step about how to get the perfect eyebrows.
You no longer have to spend a few dollars to have them shaped or filled at the salon. The best thing you can do for your eyebrows is ensure that they are well shaped, defined, and full.
How to Get the Perfect Eyebrows?
Now when it comes to doing your eyebrows, so many things can go wrong. You can either mistakenly over-pluck the hairs, create gaps while trimming, or even accidentally cut off the ends.
You might be forced to use eyebrow filling products such as pencils, pomades, powders, or even fake eyebrows. Of course, this is not a situation you would want to find yourself in. It’s easy to avoid those mistakes by learning how to create the perfect eyebrows.
Step 1: Determine Your Perfect Eyebrow Shape
First things first, you need to figure out your perfect brow shape. You understand that balance and proportion is what makes perfect eyebrows.
- Take any long and thin tool- a pencil might also do. Line it up from the corner of your eye up to the edge of your nose.
- At the place where the pencil overlaps, that’s where it should begin. Make a small dot on the spot with an eyeliner pencil. Do the same on the other brow
- Find the exact spot where your eyebrow arch should peak. Do this by lining up the pencil with the outer edge of your nostril and the outer edge of your iris. At the place where the pencil crosses your brow, that’s the point where your arch should peak
- Find where your eyebrow should end. Again, line up the pencil from the very edge of your nostril to the outer corner of your eye. Where the pencil crosses your outer brow, that’s the end. Mark with a dot.
Step 2: Determine the Thickness of Your Eyebrow
Although you have the option to choose your preferred brow thickness, a number of factors may affect the outcome. These factors include the size of your eyes, the size of your lips, and the distance between your eyes and the eyebrows.
Experts recommend the size of eyebrows to be the same as that of the lips. It’s a general rule of thumb actually. As for the eyes size, thicker eyebrows may blend in perfectly with larger eyes compared to small ones.
As for the distance between the eyes and brows, heavier brows might look perfect on your high brow line spaced above your eyes and vice versa.
Step 3: Tweezing and Shaping
Tweezing involves removing excess and ingrown hair from your eyebrows to allow for shaping.
- Using a brow brush, brush the hairs up in their growth direction to help you figure out which hairs needs to be removed.
- On the dots that you had earlier drawn, start plucking the hairs.
- Start with the inner brow and then move on to the bottom when you are done.
- Make sure that all stray hairs are plucked.
Step 4: Fill in the Eyebrows
To make your brows more defined, you need to fill them. You can either do this using an eyebrow pencil or a gel. A gel in this case is a much suitable option since it not only fills the brows, but it also keeps them intact and prevents them from getting messy.
- If you decide to use an eyebrow pencil, choose a shade that is close to that of your brows.
- Make a few light strokes in the direction of hair growth to fill in the gaps and give an overall fuller look.
- If using an eyebrow gel, choose the appropriate color and use the applicator to apply the gel onto your brows.
Perfectly balanced and proportioned eyebrows can enhance your entire facial features and give your overall appearance a boost.
All you have to do is follow the above guidelines and you are good to go. Plus you never again have to worry about spending too much time doing your eyebrows. You can even save money doing your brows at home!